Parallel Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band & band fanfiction roleplay community. Bring your characters to play with ours!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Parallel World FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misa Sugar
Corporate
Corporate
Misa Sugar

Guitar Picks : 419

Official Parallel World FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Official Parallel World FAQ   Official Parallel World FAQ EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:55 pm

The forum's official FAQ and guide.

What is Parallel Worlds

Parallel Worlds is a community of people who roleplay various incarnations of various members of various bands. Most characters are based in fanfiction, so ideally, if you've written a fanfic, you can take your characters from the story and use them here as your roleplay characters.

Twitterverse Plus & What If Verse: I've never written a fanfic. How can I use this forum?

Well, you could start by writing your own fanfic and posting it to LJ or a specialized site such as www.tokiohotelfiction.com! Or, you can simply create a character that has no original story and use them to roleplay. In some cases, you can get permission from an author to use one of their characters for a roleplay, but make sure you have EXPRESS, WRITTEN permission from the author before attempting this.

Twitterverse Plus & What If Verse: So many Bills and Toms and Jonnes! How do I keep them straight?

In my experience, most significant characters will develop a nickname as their original story progresses, usually a word that's associated with their personality, followed by their actual name. (SluttyBill, VictimTomi, VampireGustav, etc) Sometimes they have a nickname that they gained during the fic itself from another character. (For example, Bill from my fic 'Vicious' is referred to as 'Kaulitz' in the story, and that carries over to the RP) You can use either of these options to distinguish your character.

Twitterverse Plus & What If Verse: Someone already used the nickname I wanted for one of their characters!

Unless you're going to be roleplaying with this person, it probably won't make much difference. It's fine if there are a few repeats, it's bound to happen. Also, remember the importance of synonyms. For instance, Anna and I both have a MirrorBill, but Anna's changed to ReflexionBill, which is almost the same thing.

Can I use an OMC/OFC to roleplay?

We'd prefer you didn't make an OFC/OMC to roleplay with unless they're already in your fic and are fairly significant (Read: one of the main characters). Then, by all means, feel free. We just want to remind you to keep the roleplays band-oriented. <3

Can I use another celebrity to roleplay?

Same as above.

I'm having a problem with a particular user. What do I do?

Before an issue really gets out of hand, contact a moderator or administrator about the problem. They can help resolve the issue and take necessary steps. Users found to be harassing other members may be banned.

I feel like I've been treated unfairly or rudely by a moderator. What do I do?

If you're having a problem with a moderator on the site, contact the administrator (me). I'll look over the situation and judge if the moderator has been out of line. It should be noted that conflicts that happen off the site are not our responsibility. Moderators who get repeated complaints about conduct will be warned and considered for having their privileges removed. The staff shouldn't be anything less than respectful and helpful, but we expect the same conduct from our users. If you've been out of line, don't be surprised if a staff member loses their patience, we're only human.

What are Guitar Picks?
Guitar Picks are Parallel World's point system. You get Guitar Picks for posting in the forums, and some forums are worth more than others. Currently, you can't trade in your Guitar Picks yet for anything, but we hope to begin selling things such as auto-hits, Extra characters (having more characters than the board limit) and even your own subforum (you can make your own little world!).

Why is your avatar of Rei Ayanami?

Because I'm just that cool. And because we don't have official avatars yet/I'm too lazy to upload one. XD

My question isn't on this FAQ

Send me a PM, I'll be happy to answer your question and add onto this FAQ! <3
Back to top Go down
https://parallelworlds.forumotion.com

Official Parallel World FAQ
Page 1 of 1